|Grade, Semester||Year 2 2nd semest [Department of Information and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering]|
|Category||Basic Major Subjects|
|Elective, Credits||Elective Requisites 1credit|
In this course, students use UML (Unified Modeling Language) as the modeling language.
Students are expected to learn the development process of information systems and four UML diagrams (use case diagrams, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams).
This course is related to diploma policy DP2 and DP4C.
This course aims at providing understanding of information systems modeling. The specific goals for students are the following:
- To understand the development process of information systems.
- To understand how to draw four UML diagrams and how to write use case description.
- Being able to describe the usage requirements for a system by use case diagrams.
- Being able to describe the classes of the system and their relationships by class diagrams.
- Being able to describe the flow of logic of the system by sequence diagrams.
- Being able to describe the flow of activity by activity diagrams.
The grade of students will be calculated according to the following process: class report score 60%, final examination score 40%. To pass, students must earn at least 60 points out of 100 in the final examination and be accept all reports.
Learning materials for each class will be carried on LMS in advance. For preparation, students are expected to read the materials. After classes, take a quiz in order to check your understanding of the class content. The preparation and after-class learning will take one hour each.
|1||Information System Modeling and UML Overview|
|2||Use case diagram|
|3||Use case description|
|7||Summary and final examination|