|Grade, Semester||Year 1 2nd semest [Department of Regional Economics, Faculty of Economics]|
|Category||General Basic Subjects|
|Elective, Credits||Elective 2credit|
This course is for international students to acquire knowledge, skills, and attitude about study objective 1, 2, 3 of general basic subjects. Learn comprehensively about how to create sentences for writing reports and thesis at university and acquire the ability to create academic writing in Japanese. In detail, create the writing that summarizes and explains what can be read from various materials shown in the lesson, and create the writing of describing your opinion on the content of the document. Learn how to create the report through exercises and complete survey report via home learning.
Based on the foundation learned in "Writing expression method 1 ", students acquire the ability to create academic writing with applied elements of explanatory texts and editorials. Furthermore, you will understand the format of the report, the summary of the materials, the explanation of the graph, and actually create a survey report.
Your overall grade in the class will be decided based on the following:
- Submissions in lectures such as composition and worksheets:20%
- Homework (to return and explain):20%
- Period-end report:60%
Regular exams are not conducted.
To pass, students must earn at least 60 points out of 100.
|Textbook||改訂版 大学・大学院留学生の日本語④ 論文作成編||Academic Japanese society||ALK|
ISBN code (9784757426344)
|References||we will distribute the print as necessary.|
Preparation:Look through textbooks,and to make a summary about vocabulary and expressions which
you couldn't understood.And to answer the questions in the textbook(60 minutes). I'll check your
notebook the beginning of next class.
Review:Check again the contents that you couldn't understood in the lessons(30 minutes). I'll check your
understanding by some mini test.
1. This course has two lessons each week. We mainly handle "listening/speaking" contents at odd number of lessons, "reading/writing" contents at even number of lessons. Please do not be absent from any lesson.
2. Writing materials are limited to pencils and mechanical pencils.
3. We will allow you to use smartphones, etc. during the lesson, only to search and confirm Internet information on tasks to be written in the lesson, to examine kanji.
4. Since this course is designed according to the level of Japanese ability of the participants, the course plans and textbooks may be changed depending on classes according to the circumstances.This course may use LMS.
5. In the latter term, we plan regional exchange (exchange meeting with primary school students) for one time. We will do advance preparation work for this regional exchange several times in the classes.
6. For students in Information Science Course of Information Science Course, this course will be compatible with the compulsory subjects of JABEE compliant programs, learning and educational goals under item 2-1.
Explanation of class and explanation of evaluation method
Explain the issues of the report created by home learning, the writing requirements (number of letters, composition, formats), deadline of submission
|2||Lesson 1 The basic of composition(1) How to write a letter and symbol,function a symbol.|
|3||Lesson 1 The basic of composition(1) Exercise: Write your introduce in designated theme.|
|4||Lesson 2 The basic of composition(2) A style of language,expression|
|5||Lesson 2 The basic of composition(2) Exercise: Rewrite Japanese that use presentation to an|
|6||Lesson 3 The basic of composition(3) Present a subject Component of treatise, Component of|
Present a subject,Present a necessary condition for the solution,Present a research.
|7||Lesson 3 The basic of composition(3) Exercise: Write introduction in designated theme.|
|8||Lesson 4 The basic of composition(4) Present a purpose Component of introduction(2)|
Explanation of the theme ,pointing out the problem,Present a purpose of research.
|9||Lesson 4 The basic of composition(4) Exercise: Write introduction in designated theme and|
|10||Lesson 5 Definition and Classification Component of the main text(1)|
Definition , Classification , Selection
|11||Lesson 5 Exercise: Make text to use " Definition , Classification , Selection ".|
|12||Lesson 6 Present a chart Component of the main text(2)|
Present a chart and a size of numerical value. Value a size of numerical value.
|13||Lesson 6 Exercise: Explain the date that designated chart.|
|14||Lesson 7 Form of change Component of the main text(3)|
Form of change,Pointing out about progress,Pointing out about the things .
|15||Lesson 7 Exercise:Explain the date that designated chart.|
|16||Lesson 8 Comparison and Parallel Component of the main text(4)|
|17||Lesson 8 Exercise:Explain the date that designated chart.And explain the detail of date.|
|18||Lesson 9 Consideration of cause Component of the main text(5)|
|19||Lesson 9 Exercise:Explain the date that designated chart.And explain the detail of date. And|
consider of cause.
|20||Lesson 10 Enumeration Component of the main text(6)|
|21||Lesson 10 Exercise: Rewrite the text by designed theory.|
|22||Lesson 11 Quotation Component of the main text(7)|
|23||Lesson 11 Exercise: Present a point and quote from the designed opinion|
|24||Lesson 12 Agree and counterargument Component of the main text(8)|
|25||Lesson 12 Exercise: Make a text to use point and quote from the designed opinion.|
|26||Lesson 13 Final conclusion Component of the main text(9)|
|27||Lesson 13 Exercise: Make a text by designed theme and theory.|
|28||Lesson 14 Present conclusion Component of the conclusion.|
|29||Lesson 14 Exercise: Describe the conclusion about lesson 4,6,8,12,13.|
|30||Review of lessons－To state the self-evaluation and the improvement proposals of the class method etc in this class in about 1,000 letters.|