|Grade, Semester||Year 1 2nd semest [Department of Regional Economics, Faculty of Economics]|
|Category||Other Related Subjects (Teacher Licence)|
|Elective, Credits||Requisites 2credit|
- This class encourages students to acquire a foundation on which students develop an answer to the fundamental question "why do you want to become a teacher?"
- This course will give an overview of the significance of the teaching professions and the role of teachers. Moreover, this course will offer students the opportunity to consider their motivations and aptitudes to the teaching profession from various perspectives.
- In addition to lectures, this course combines dialogue, Bibliobattle and presentations of teaching plans, aiming for active learning that encourages dialogue with the students.
- This course is related to Diploma Policy 2.
- Students deepen their interest in teaching and understand the basics regarding the purpose of school education and the roles of teachers. (Knowledge and understanding)
- Students understand the educational activities of teachers, consider the qualities and aptitudes required of teachers and the significance of choosing to become a teacher in their careers. (Thinking and judgment)
-Students acquire basic knowledge of creating a teaching plan. (Knowledge, understanding and expression)
- Reflection paper (indication of attendance and learning) 30%
- Participation and attitude in class (Q&A sessions, fieldwork, and discussion) 40%
- Essay based on feedback 30%
* Feedback on student's learning will be given in the final class.
|Textbook||『教職論』||吉田武男編著||ミネルヴァ書房 2019 ISBN 978-4-623-08588-0|
- Students should present their opinions clearly in class
- A reflection paper will be distributed at the end of every class. Students should summaries the class with a single kanji character and present the reason why you chose that particular kanji.
- Students should search for materials for developing their lesson plans in their every day life
|2||Dialogue -Why do you want to become a teacher?|
|3||The teaching profession|
|4||Designing a class|
|5||Learning together through class|
|6||The concept of a curriculum|
|7||Understanding and nurturing children|
|8||From teaching practice to a trusted teacher|
|9||Coworkers in school|
|10||The professionalism of teachers|
|11||Rethinking the teaching profession|
|12||Gender and the teaching profession|
|13||The future of the teaching profession|
|14||Bibliobattle - Introducing books on education|
|15||Reflection (Writing an essay based on feedback)|