Computer Networks
TeachersMASAKA MiekoStaffInfo
Grade, SemesterYear 2 1st semest [Department of Information and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering]
CategoryBasic Major Subjects
Elective, CreditsElective Requisites 2credit
 Syllabus Number3B108

Course Description

It is important to have a knowledge of present computer networks including internet. Because it is becoming one of the basic need in our today's life styles. This lecture is intended to lean the basic concept, fundamental design and operation system of computer networks.
We learn about:
1. Internet technology
The feature of Internet, Data communications technology.
2.Network security
How to protect and manage the network.
3.Wireless and mobile computing
Wireless and mobile network communication system such as smart-phone and PHS.


This class is related to DP4C, DP4M

Course Objectives

Students are expected to understand
1.Architecture and technologies in computer networks and the Internet.
2.Security technologies related to network information systems.
3.The practical technologies of wireless communication systems and information networks.
4.Structure of the WEB system.

Grading Policy

Students will be evaluated based on the following rate: a mid-term examination 25%, worksheets 10%, a
term-end examination 40%, and subjects 20%. Learners who received evaluation over the total of 60% will pass this course.

Textbook and Reference

KindTitleAuthorPublisher
Textbookネットワーク 目には見えないしくみを構成する

井口 信和著森北出版
References

Requirements(Assignments)

This class is a required subject of JABEE program. This class is related to learning attainment target 4-4.

Note

Schedule

1Introduction
2OSI reference model・TCP/IP
3Physical Layer 1
4Physical Layer 2
5Data Link Layer
6Network Layer 1
7Network Layer 2
8mid-term examination
9Rooting
10Transport Layer
11Application Layer (Application Protocol)
12Application Layer ( e-mail ・Security)
13Wireless and mobile network
14Network Command
15term-end examination ・summary