|Grade, Semester||Year 1 1st semest [General Basic Subjects]|
|Category||General Basic Subjects|
|Elective, Credits||Free Elective 1credit|
This course introduces gaining knowledge necessary for taking the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) in five fields (Kanji, Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading, and Listening) for international students.
The aim of this course is to help students pass the JLPT N1 (or N2) and acquire knowledge that is focused on the fields of Kanji, Vocabulary, and Grammar. In some cases, we will deal with Reading in the lesson. Lectures are the form in which the teacher gives lessons, and students study in a group (or pairs) accordingly. The course also enhances the development of students’ skills in attitudes and knowledge in the educational goal of General Basic Subjects 1 and 2.
Participants of this course are expected to gain Japanese language skills and problem-solving skills (knowledge and comprehension) necessary to pass the JLPT N1 (or N2).
Your overall grade in the class will be decided based on the following:
1. Short Tests（40％）
※There will be a short test in each lesson (or on the LMS).
2. Assignments (30％)
※The explanations and correct answers will be posted on the LMS.
3. End-Term Examination（30％）
To pass, students must earn at least 60 points out of 100.
|Textbook||『日本語能力試験 直前対策N1 文字・語彙・文法』||日本語能力試験問題研究会||国書刊行会 ISBN : 978-4336052841（1,400yen＋tax）|
|Textbook||『新完全マスター読解 日本語能力試験N1』||福岡理恵子 , 清水知子 , 初鹿野阿れ , 中村則子 , 田代ひとみ||スリーエーネットワーク ISBN： 978-4883195718 （1,400yen＋tax）|
1. Students have to make an effort to memorize the vocabulary in the material before next class.
2. Students should finish the assignments given in the class by next class.
3. Students should allow 1 hour for preparation and 2 hours for review and assignments.
4. It is important for students to make a habit of reading newspapers or books written in
Japanese, and to increase their vocabulary on a regular basis.
1. This class is preparation for the JLPT test in July and December. Therefore, some class schedule will be moved up in the second half of the term.
2. Students should check the class schedule on the notice board carefully.
3. Students who received a credit of this class previously can retake it, but in this case, they will not earn credit again.
4. Reading (Listening) questions or short tests may be given in class occasionally.
5. The schedule or class plan may be modified according to the status of students.
6. JLPT Preparation A is focused on the lecture, while JLPT Preparation B is focused on the practice.
JLPT Preparation A and B are each independent. Therefore, students can choose to take one or both classes.
|1||Guidance/Basic Strategy about Language Knowledge|
|2||Kanji and Vocabulary：Measures by Category 1 (Kanji Reading)|
|3||Kanji and Vocabulary：Measures by Category 2 (Contextually-Defined Expressions)|
|4||Kanji and Vocabulary：Measures by Category 3 (Paraphrases)|
|5||Kanji and Vocabulary：Measures by Category 4 (Usage)|
|6||Review of Kanji and Vocabulary , Proficiency Test|
|7||Grammar：Measures by category 5 (Sentential Grammar 1) Expressions of Judgment, Intention|
|8||Grammar：Measures by category 6 (Sentential Grammar 1) Expressions of Result, Situation|
|9||Grammar：Measures by category 7 (Sentential Grammar 1) Expressions of Aspect, Tendency|
|10||Grammar：Measures by category 8 (Sentential Grammar 1) Expressions of Emotion, Comparison|
|11||Review of Grammar1 , Proficiency Test|
|12||Grammar：Measures by category 9 (Sentential Grammar 2)|
|13||Grammar：Measures by category 10 (Textual Grammar)|
|14||Review of Lessons and Reading Comprehension Points|