|Grade, Semester||Year 1 1st semest [General Basic Subjects]|
|Category||General Basic Subjects|
|Elective, Credits||Elective 1credit|
The aim of this class, for beginners, is the mastery of basic vocabulary and grammar for reading, writing, listening, and speaking. With repetitive verbal practice in the main, you will learn how to make basic writing and conversation. Lectures are the form in which the teacher gives lessons, and you study in a group (or pairs) accordingly. The course also enhances the development of learners’ skills in attitudes, knowledge, and techniques in the educational goal of General Basic Subjects 1, 2 and 3.
The goal is to get used to Hangeul, Korean characters. You are expected to gain skills of reading, writing, and having easy communication like greeting or self-introduction. Furthermore, you aim to achieve vocabulary and grammar in well balance so as to apply simple sentences.
・First semester examinations: 40%
・Assignments: 30% (Short tests, Q&A, etc. Return and explain in time )
・Attitude towards class: 30%
To pass, you must earn at least 60 points out of 100.
|Textbook||『韓国語を学ぼう』初級||李昌圭||朝日出版社 ISBN978-4-255-55601-7 （本体2,300円+税)|
1) Check the vocabulary and the expression that was previously mentioned with a short test (or easy conversation)
Practice oral expressions separately to get used to ears (30min.)
2) Practice listening and reading using the CD (10min.)
3) Practice short writing using the vocabulary you learned
Advanced practice in conversation (50min.)
1) It is not enough for studying language to take a class once a week. You should take 30 minutes to review every day.
2) The handout will be distributed accordingly. Please prepare your own files and organize them together.
3) For efficient learning, I will sometimes teach in a different order. Please check the contents of the class.
4) We will practice pronunciation and conversation one by one, so try to sit in front of the classroom as much as possible.
Self-introduction, Explanation of the course, and grading policies.
What is the Korean language? -Features, Structures, Vowel
|2||Characters and Pronunciation practice ; basic consonant and pronunciation（single consonant）|
|3||Characters and Pronunciation practice ; basic consonant and pronunciation（single consonant）|
|4||Characters and Pronunciation practice ; diphthongs|
|5||Characters and Pronunciation practice ; syllable-final consonants(patchim)|
|6||Characters and Pronunciation practice ; pronunciation rule , greeting|
|7||“I am a student.” –self-introduction exercise, understand the basic form of a sentence|
|8||“What is this? ” pronoun – things, place designation pronoun|
|9||“Who is the man? ” pronoun – name of a family|
|10||“Where is your school ? ” pronoun① existence|
|11||“Where is your school ? ” pronoun② place /position/defense expression|
|12||“What are you going to do ? ”①polite forms and Inflection practice|
|13||“What are you going to do ? ”②negative forms and practice|
|14||“What time is it now ? ” how to say the time , numbers|
|15||Test and review, important verbs|